- The first Hanoi Rocks album was originally called Some Like It Hot according to Michael's Marilyn Monroe t-shirt.
- While in Sweden, the Hanoi guys lived in Blåkulla in Solna, just
outside the city of Stockholm.
- In the "first" Hanoi Rocks line-up, Nasty's name was Nasty McCoy.
- Before Hanoi Rocks Andy used to call himself Andy Monroe or Andy von Hulkko.
- Michael Monroe's birthday is the 17th of June 1962.
- Andy McCoy's birthday is the 11th of October 1962.
- Nasty Suicide's birtday is the 27th of February 1963.
- Sam Yaffa's birthday is the 4th of September 1963.
- Razzle was born on the 2nd of December 1960 and he died on the 9th of December 1984.
- Keimo Hirvonen played drums on the first Hanoi-single "I Want You / Kill City Kills". He played with Maukka Perusjätkä at that time.
- "I Want You" is an English version of a Swedish rocksong "Jag vill ha dig" which Andy
translated into English.
- The real names of the guys:
Michael: Matti Fagerholm, Andy: Antti Hulkko, Nasty: Jan Stenfors,
Sam: Sami Takamäki, Gyp: Jesper Sporre, Razzle: Nicholas Dingley
- "Tooting Bec Wreck" was written about their apartment in Tooting, London... and about tooting!
- The last Hanoi Rocks album was originally called Silver Missiles And Nightingales.
- In the early 1980's Andy McCoy said that he'll die on the 14th of September 1985.
- There were rumours about Razzle wanting to join Heart.
- In 1983 Andy composed a few songs for Japanese singer Honda. Andy, Sam
and Razzle played on Honda's album.
- Andy has composed some songs for Alice Cooper but they have not been
- Samantha Fox covered the Suicide Twins' song "The Best Is Yet To Come".
- Guns'n'Roses song "Right Next Door To Hell" was written by Timo Kaltio, Izzy Stradlin and Axl Rose.
- Toto Coelo's, Anita Chellemah-pre-Cherry Bombz "smash hit" was
"I Eat Cannibals".
- Michael Monroe played the guitarist in the subway station in Nona Hendryx's video "I Need Love".
- Michael Monroe can be seen in the Sun City video by Artists Against
- Andy McCoy can be seen with Steve Jones in Iggy Pop's
video for Cold Metal.
- Michael Monroe plays harmonica and saxophone (which is mixed very down)
on the Guns'n'Roses song "Bad Obsession" and does a duet with Axl Rose on "Ain't it Fun".
- Michael Monroe & Slash recorded Steppenwolf's "Magic
Carpet Ride" for the soundtrack to the movie Coneheads.
- Andy McCoy's wife, Angela Nicoletti was originally Izzy Stradlin's girlfriend.
- Vince Neil was a convicted twice for drunk driving before THAT ACCIDENT!
- Jet Boy songs "Bloodstone", "Locked In A Cage" and "Make Some Noise" were used in a
silly teen-movie The Burbs (USA, 1989).
- Andy had said that Sam Yaffa (Yaffa is an Israelian fruit trade mark) got his name because he
resembles an orange.
- Hanoi Rocks had an audition with Alvin Gibbs after Sam left the band and he was supposed to be Sam's successor.
- In winter 1986 Johnny Thunders dedicated song "Born To Lose" to Andy at YO-House of
- "Dead, Jail Or Rock'n'Roll" was originally titled as "Dead Or In Jail".
- Razzle died in a red '72 Ford Pantera.
- Shooting Gallery song "I Mess Around" was played in Harley
Davidson And The Marlboro Man movie.
- Nasty Suicide appears on Guns'n'Roses video Paradise City.
- Sam appears in the Tommy Chong movie "Far Out Man" (1990) in the band The Fartzz
- Mick Jagger introduced Ronnie Wood in Helsinki (summer
1998) as "The London version of Andy McCoy... mr. Ronnie Wood!"
- Bangkok Shocks Saigon Shakes Hanoi Rocks album appears several times on Stephen Frears movie High Fidelity.
- On the booklet of Huey Lewis & The News album Hard To Play there is a photo of a concert poster with Michael Monroe's picture and name.
- The name Hanoi Rocks was invented in a bus number 16 in Helsinki when Mike and Andy were fourteen years old.
- Andy McCoy told once that: "I read quite a lot. My favourite magazines are Piff, Paff and Weekend Sex. I have read some books too. For example Erica - The Nymphomaniac. It`s a good book - it`s action."
- One Hanoi Rocks' tour in Finland was named by Michael as The Sensational Mike Monroe Winter Circus.
- Andy's favourite guitarists are Link Wray, Chuck Berry, Albert Järvinen, Albert Lee and Joe Walsh.
- According to an article the second Hanoi album (at that time named as The Second Attempt For Suicide) was supposed to have songs Waterfree and Boats Waiting.
- Pelle Almgren used to play in the Warheads.
- When Hanoi guys lived in Louisville Road in London, Nasty got beaten by a gang of Irish youngsters.
- The budget for Michael's album Nights Are So Long was $30,000.
- "Not Fakin' It" is a Nazareth song with the lyrics re-written.
- Jet Boys performed as supporting act for Cheap Trick in the USA.
- Andy described his composing methods: "Old Chuck Berry riffs with new lyrics."
- According to Andy Guns'n'Roses song "Paradise City" is basically a composition of few Hanoi Rocks riffs. For example the chorus is "Lost In The City" slowed down.
- In some Hanoi Rocks' songs the guitars are played by Michael and few times all the instruments are played by Andy & Mike. Although not credited.
- According to Andy he was supposed to play on Iggy Pop's album Instinct but couldn't do it because he was in rehab at the time.
- Demolition 23. was named after William Burrougs' book Exterminator.
- Heart has asked Andy to compose for them.
- Timo Kaltio played with Problems and Piss Boys.
- "I Love You" (on "The Best of Hanoi Rocks album's bonus EP) is same song as "Me and My Habit" (on Briard's "Miss World" album).
- Before joining Jet Boys Sam played couple of gigs with Johnny Thunders.
- After Jerusalem Slim Steve Stevens joined Vince Neil's band.
- Before the fame Mike has worked as postman, flower courier and toilet cleaner.
- When the Hanoi Rocks heat was hottiest in Japan there were telephone booths where you could listen Hanoi Rocks.
- In 1983 Hanoi Rocks demanded that there should be Smirnoff vodka, Dom Perignon champagne, Jack Daniels whiskey, beer, mineral water and peanuts in the backstage.
- Jan Stenfors' song "Cold Wind" is about Johnny Thunders. According to Jan the first strophe of the song is a true story.
- Hanoi Rocks played "Motorvatin'" as play back in front of 4000 people on the most popular tv-show, Let's Go Young, in Japan.
- Andy asked Mike to join Briard as a second guitarist but Mike didn't want to cut his hair as Pete Malmi demanded.
- Michael's song's "Relationshipwrecked"'s line "It`s been so long since I last met somebody I respect" is from Dave Lindholm's song "Sataa & 22". Original line goes: "Siit on pitkään, kun viimeeks näin / oikeen ihmisen, jota vois kunnioittaa".
- Rat Scabies (ex-The Damned) was the first candidate to be Demolition 23.'s drummer.
- In his childhood Andy took piano lessons but quit them because the teacher wouldn't show him how to play boogie woogie or Jerry Lee Lewis.
- Anita Chellemah worked as a vj. on Sky Channel, Music Box and Sky Trax.
- Shooting Gallery song "Devil Calling" was first recorded by a Finnish band Melrose. Song is composed by Nasty & Dave Tregunna.
- Michael had a band Black Magic when he was 9-years old. The name was a tribute to Black Sabbath. Other Black Magic musician were Olli Hilden and Mike's brother.
- In certain Hanoi Rocks songs the bass is played by studio musician Bobby Brown although not credited.
- In the early days there were once a empty winebottle, Ratto (Finnish porn magazine) and Tex Willer (comic book magazine) on the table of Hanoi's tour bus.
- January 12th 1984 Hanoi Rocks had a photo session for French magazine Photo Revue.
- In January 10th 1984 Hanoi Rocks arrived at Heathrow airport 10:10 a.m. Their flight number was AY831.